Friday, January 28, 2011

More from the Cloud


             You know some of the processes that we are able to do with today’s modern technology is absolutely amazing. I like many other’s around there world still run the Microsoft operating system. I am not knocking it at all. I think though that they finally got it right whenever they put XP on the market. Then of course we all know what happened after that, we all were exposed to the nightmare of Vista. It seemed as though that each new operating system that they released, you had to almost buy a new computer, or upgrade something. Then 7 came out. A truly great operating system, I think. If you haven’t upgraded, you need to.

            Then today as usual, I’m always trying to keep up with the latest technology I run across this article:    http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/32230/?ref=rss
It seems as though there are a few companies out there who are really trying to help those that can’t afford a new computer.

          If you read the article, it talks about a company called NeverWare, that have designed a cloud server called the Juicebox a100. It allows an older computer to be able to upgrade to the latest operating system. Now this I would say has been a long time coming. They say, once connected the PC doesn’t need a hard drive or any local software at all. Their Juicebox server allows those like school’s to be able to upgrade through virtualization and the cloud.

        There are a few other companies out there, who have something similar going. I for one am all for it. I just wish that they had came around 10 year’s or so ago whenever we all had to upgrade from 98SE to XP. What are they going to think of next. If you are interested in things like this, I encourage you to read the article. Enjoy your day!   

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More