Monday, January 24, 2011

The World of Linux

          I would like to talk a little today about Linux. It is my my opinion a very good operating system overall. I still use Windows. I haven't completely made the switch. I really like Windows 7. I just feel as though that Microsoft is not too good at knowing what the user wants. They are really out of touch with people. I really like the Apple computer as well, but a little too expensive. That is where Linux comes in. There are as the die hard Linux enthusiast's would say, a lot of flavor's to choose from. You have Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Red Hat, Puppy, Mandriva, Slackware, Debian to name a few.

           I would say for those who are really up to trying, but aren't sure where to start, look at Ubuntu Linux, it can be found here: http://www.ubuntu.com/  It is probably one of the most easiest and user friendly Linux operating systems. Just go to their site and take a look around. A lot of help there. Just download, burn to disk, reboot, make sure BIOS settings are for CD, and there you have it, you are able to try Linux out. What I really enjoy about Linux is it's free and ALL of the software that come's with it, is free as well. They have some really great software program's. It's open source, mean's you can change it, if that's what you like, unlike our friends at Microsoft and Apple. I'm not knocking either one, although they are, (WYSIWYG), what you see is what you get. Tomorrow I'll probably elaborate a little on Vmware. Until then, get out and enjoy your day!       

Reactions:

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More