Sunday, February 27, 2011

Google

           Good evening to all. I don't understand all the fuss that companies and people have with Google. Just becuse they changed their algorithm. Most people don't even know what the word means. In a sense, it's the way the search results are displyed. I really don't mind though because it is by far, believe it or not, my favorite website. For you see Google is so much more than a search engine. If used properly with all of their different sites and their different applications, the potential is unimaginable. Sure people know that for instance you go to www.google.com type in a word and hit search and bam, you have countless results. Some may be what you are lloking for, although some may not. That's the beauty of the web, something for everyone.

         Let's take a look at some of the other features of Google. There is of course their very fine email client Gmail. If you don't have an account, I encourage you to get one. That can be found at
www.gmail.com There is Google Docs, which will open up just about any office file there is including PDF. Everyone's favorite Youtube. Yes it's a Google product. Just about everyone goes there at least once a week to view something. You can find it here www.youtube.com



        Those I guess you could say are some of the more popular products. Like I said though if used properly the potential is unimanginable. There is also AdSense, AdWords, Alerts, Analytics, App Engine, Base,Blogger, Bookmarks,Calendar, Checkout, Double Click for Publisher's. The list goes on and on. Those are just some of the applications that I use. Of course I only listed a fraction. There is also their web browser Chrome, which is by far the fastest, safest browser out there. Which has led to Google Chrome OS. Of course, I won't forget about Android. Need I say more? 




       Like I said most people just go there, type in a word and hit search. The next time that you do though. I want you to try something. Make sure that whenever you type in the word in that you are looking for, that the everything option is enabled. It's to the left of the search. Then go down to All Results, click on the tools, and there you have it,  Google Wonder Wheel. Click that on, the results are truly amazing. They are even endless so to speak. The way I go on about them, you'd think that they pay me. No, they don't, I don't work for them. I guess you could say though, that I am a very BIG FAN! Now go on get out there and enjoy your day!

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More