Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Windows 7 SP1

                 Hello and good day to all. I don't know how many people are still running old Windows XP? I know that there are still people out there running it though. We all know that no one wanted to make the switch to Vista though. It really had a nice interface, but just too annoying. How many people though have switched to Windows 7? If you haven't, I would encourage you to do so. It is the best Windows Microsoft has put out on the market. It really has the ease of use just like XP. I know though, it's like most people, the afford ability issue. Microsoft has made a lot of money from all of us. Therefore from those points let’s move on.


                  It’s that time again yes, it’s time for SP1, this time for Windows 7. If you missed it, it came out yesterday. It can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/  As they tell us, this is the most important update to Windows 7 to date. Microsoft ranks service packs among it’s most comprehensive, patching fixes, issued only 2-3 times per edition of Windows. For once with these updates, I was a little motivated by it. I set out to install it. They claimed the update would be between 44 and 533.1 megabytes, once done though, it only took up 64.5. When you have updates to install, it always seems to take forever, if you don’t have a lot of memory, these updates can be resource hogs.



                     I was glad to see that it didn’t take up a lot of space. It’s only been a year and a half since the release of 7. Did they really need a service pack now? Most service packs make a lot of major changes, or have in the past. The only thing that I know about 7’s SP1 is that it includes new improvement’s to features and services, such as improved reliability, when connecting to HDMI  audio devices, printing using the XPS viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting. These of course came in the “what’s included”. That was all I could find though. Was this necessary so soon?



                  What was so big about SP1 for Windows 7? I’m not sure, Microsoft clearly didn’t document enough evidence on their website for me. I’ll be glad whenever we don’t have SP1’s to deal with, let alone updates. I know that all computer operating system’s all have certain vulnerabilities. It just seems that some more than other’s. Now go on now get out there and enjoy your day!      

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More