Thursday, March 10, 2011

Microsoft Kinect


                        

                      
I wanted today to talk a little about the amazing Microsoft Kinect. I’m really not a game buff, but the idea behind this product is truly amazing. I don’t have an Xbox or PlayStation don’t get me wrong, I enjoy games, I’m just not into it like some. I am although fascinated by the technology that we today compared to what I grew up with as a child. I won’t bore anyone, but we just had the old Atari console. With the advancement of technology, I just wonder where we will be in 10 years from now. First we had the release of the Wii and the ability to play games without the use of a controller. I do believe though that with the release of the Kinect, Microsoft has one upped them to say the least. Do you know anything about the Kinect? We will have a closer look.


                          The Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways without the use of a controller. You can control your games, music, and movies, with the wave of your hand or even by your voice. Kinect get’s the couch potatoes off of the couch. You can really work up a sweat using the Kinect. Controller free games, means full body play. If whenever you play your games, you have to kick, jump, or whatever, you can, just get off of the couch. With the Kinect, it works with every Xbox 360. Here are some of the features of the truly amazing device.

                         Motion Sensor: Kinect uses a motion sensor that tracks your entire body. Whenever you play, you’re able to use your whole body. It has skeletal tracking, which as you play, it creates a digital skeleton of you based on depth data. Facial recognition is another feature that remembers just who you are and creates a profile for you. It also features voice recognition as well. You are able to control your music and movies by voice command. Truly amazing. This device got into the Guinness Book of Records, for being the fastest selling consumer gadget of all time. As of this writing, there have been over 10 million of these little devices that have already been purchased at $150 a whack! Wow! Get out there and enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Thank you for sharing the info! Very usefull

Thanks! I had some video content as well to upload, but the server wasn't putting at the end of the article like I wanted!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More