Saturday, May 7, 2011

SOME OF THE NEWEST & MOST PECULIAR GADGETS OR IDEAS IN TECHNOLOGY

I am going to list here some of the newest gadgets in technology, that I myself have found to be peculiar ideas.

I realize that some of you out there will disagree with me.

I am in no way trying to be negative towards any of the gifted individuals, I just think that these ideas are out of the ordinary.

These inventions are listed in really no particular order.

 The $25 Dollar Computer

When I first seen this idea, I was very intrigued to see what it was really all about. The well known game developer David Braeben, who runs Studio Frontier and is the co-developer of Elite, who is the guy behind Roller Coaster Tycoon has created a computer that fits on a USB stick and that fits in your pocket. He calls his invention the Raspberry Pi. The specifications for this computer on a USB stick computer that has a HDMI port at one end and a USB on the other. You can plug the HDMI port into your T.V. or monitor and utilize the USB connection for a keyboard and mouse. It has a 700 MHZ Arm 11 processor and a 128 MB of RAM. It runs the mobile OS OpenGLES 2.0. Storage is provided through an SD card.  Needless to say there is not many more options for anymore ports other than a few options that are under consideration. Once the project is completed upon the release in mid 2012, it will ship with Ubuntu Linux. I believe this one to be the best.



 The Paper Thin Cell Phone

I’ve got to admit again, I was not geeked about this invention, but none the least it is intelligent. The technology consulting firm Harper Vision believes that with the release of this flexible smartphone they are on to something that has yet to be released to the public. There is some competition with this, as others are vying to release their versions as well. Can you even imagine how tedious and time consuming it would be to put the components together? Can this really be successful?





 The Internet Kissing Machine
I was really kind of taken back after seeing this. I mean I like technology and all, some even may consider me to be a geek, but a kissing machine for the internet? There is a Japanese company that has invented a device that might let you kiss someone over the internet. Wow! Are we now just inventing devices out of boredom? You take the device and waggle your tongue on a straw, then in return the other person on the other end with the same device can remotely feel it with their tongue. The Japanese company Kajimoto Laboratory says its just the beginning of what could become a full on person to person experience over the internet. The idea is for those of you who happen to be in long distance relationships.






  Are we really that advanced? What I am referring to is, Do we now believe that we have reached the age of the Jestsons? You all remember them right? Astronautics have actually succeeded in creating and flying a winged car.  They are saying that it is the wave of the future. The company that has been reported to be working on the space ship looking car is called Terrafugia.  Maybe we have reached the age of the Jetsons. 








 The Edible House
Wow, talk about some very peculiar idea. Would you really want to live in a house that you could be edible? The houses are said to be run by wind, rain, sun and garbage. The house is supposed to be affordable and comfortable. The students at the University of Maryland are behind this idea. I’ve got to admit a little on the  peculiar side, but clever to say the least.
 



I truly hope that everyone enjoys this small collection that I have put together. What do you think? I would really like to hear your comments. Now get out there and enjoy your day!  




0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More